Hello Lovely! As an event planner, Los Angeles has become a more frequent trip for me over the past couple years. In this time I have been able to create a list of things you can’t miss when you’re in town.
Must eats in Los Angeles
1. The Bazaar by Jose Andres: This is the type of meal that can change your life. It is (for lack of a better term) a magical dining experience located in the SLS hotel in Beverly Hills. Between the whimsical pastry room that you can’t miss to the fabulous dining rooms, this is a must see as well as a must eat when I’m in Los Angeles. You should really go here with a group and order a list of bites/ tapas. I spent my entire night at this restaurant waiting to see what the next dish would look like when it came out. I mean, do you know what lemon air looks like? Well, I do know what it looks like and it tastes even better!
2. Pizzeria Mozza: Are you missing Italy but in Los Angeles for a bit? No worries, Mozza can fix this craving. Everything I’ve eaten here is good but their pizza is amazing! It is no wonder with Nancy Silverton’s background in the pastry industry her crust in its self is worth a visit. Imagine a chewy inside crust with a crisp crunchy exterior lather on a good tomato sauce made from scratch and some creative toppings, you have a Mozza Pizza.
3. Urth Caffe: With multiple locations exclusive to the Los Angeles area, you can’t come here and skip Urth. Specifically you can’t honestly say you have come to LA without grabbing one of their honey lattes. Choose your espresso roast however you prefer but make sure that espresso is in a honey latte, only then can you really understand.
Must see in Los Angeles
1. Santa Monica Beach: Don’t get me wrong the pier looks to be fine, the running trail above the beach is pretty awesome, but it’s that gorgeous sand leading out to the beautiful turquoise water that is the real show stopper. Bring lots of sunscreen because you won’t want to leave and its a long walk back.
2. The Hollywood Sign: Ok cheesy but again you haven’t seen LA if you haven’t seen the Hollywood sign. You can hike the incredibly strenuous mountains on a nice 3 mile trail up to the sign or take 2 minute drive up the hill to enjoy the view. Either way its a pretty awesome view seeing the city from above and you have to appreciate all the hope that causes so many to move here in hopes of living their American dream.
3. A movie, any movie: While you’re in town you have to catch a movie, my personal preference the iPic theater in Pasadena. A reclining seat, fresh blanket, and a waiter serving you throughout the movie…this is how you see a movie in Los Angeles.
Enjoy the gorgeous weather my friends!