Hello Lovely! Well I can’t believe it but Delaney will be five months old next week! How on earth has it been five months since we brought her home?! On the other hand I think, what on earth was our life before she arrived? Over the past few months I have come to love so many baby products, many of which I had never heard of a year ago or even six months ago. If you’re a new mama, looking for awesome baby gift, or just about to register, this list is for you.
Things I Never Knew I Needed For Baby Number One
- Indestructible Books: These books have saved me in the middle of store when she starts having a melt down. Without these books, I would never finish getting my grocery list. The best part of these books is they are literally indestructible! Little one can’t tear this book apart, no matter how much she chews, drools, or wrinkles it up. You can even wash these books if you need to.
- Sophie the Giraffe: I did know about this cute teether but didn’t really have any idea why I needed it more than the other teethers. I honestly asked for it because it was cute. Delaney is very picky about her teether but this one is her absolute favorite! You see the size of the ears and the circumference of the hoofs make them ideal spots to chew on. We have nearly every teether but this one is her very favorite!
- Pierre the Bunny Rattle: Delaney is very picky on toys, most of which she has no interest in. For whatever the reason this rattle is a big hit at our house. A lot of her pickiness seems to be based around the size of toy, the little limbs on this bunny fit perfectly in her hand. The actual rattle in it is a bell making it a little less harsh of a sounds than most rattles. Either way its super cute and she loves it!
- Wabbanub Pacifier: At our house, we named ours Ollie. Ollie the Octopus has been with Delaney since the hospital and I dread the day I have to try to ween her off it. As a newborn she would try to grab at the octopus legs, again they are the perfect size for her little hands. We love Ollie!
- Rock n Play: I registered for one but had no idea if I’d actually use a rock and play or not. Honestly right now, she’s too strong to swaddle and too active to lay on a flat surface without rolling over. Needless to say we’ve resorted back since we stopped swaddling to the rock and play. Oh and since she loves being held, the shape of it is perfect to cuddle her up in. I had no idea I’d be bringing it on every trip, keeping it in the living room for naps, and now letting her sleep in it over night. I don’t like to think about what I would have done without it!
While thats not everything of course, these are five items I’m so thankful we have!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!